Update From Cooked Regarding COVID-19
Our hearts go out to the individuals, businesses and communities affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Our primary focus is – and will continue to be – the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve.
This situation is evolving rapidly, but we want to reassure you that Cooked currently remains a solution for delicious, healthy meals to be delivered to your door.
Cooked is committed to serving our customers during this unprecedented time, so per *CDC guidelines, we will continue to provide the same level of service using best-in-class food safety procedures.
Here are some of the measures we’re taking to keep our employees, customers and communities safe:
- We’re holding a series of educational sessions with our employees to ensure their complete understanding of procedures to follow if there are any signs of symptoms.
- Each employee is required to perform a brief health screening before they come to the facility and at the start of every shift in a separated entryway.
- In addition to regular handwashing and use of gloves, employees are now required to participate in mandatory, scheduled hand washing breaks.
- At the first sign of symptoms, employees are required to stay home. Unlike so many in the hospitality industry, we’re proud to offer our employees their standard wages as paid sick time should they need to use it.
- We only buy from reliable suppliers who strictly adhere to the highest possible FDA standards and have full traceability of their products. We are actively monitoring and communicating with these companies to stay aware of any potential supply chain disruptions.
Reusable Bag Return
- Our reusable bag return program provides a small Cooked credit to customers who return their reusable bag to a Cooked delivery driver. We are temporarily suspending this program to limit the potential spread of any disease.
Our team will continue to keep up with the guidance of the World Health Organization, CDC and state and local health authorities and will adjust our guidance accordingly each week.
We value our relationship with you and are committed to being a solution through this unprecedented situation. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Phone: 847 859 2303
*(source: FDA Preparedness and Response COVID-19 FAQs 3/13/20)